Sunday 24 June 2012

bircher muesli...


I'm a sucker for a good Bircher. But since going vegan I've had to come up with a way to make it without the lashings of yoghurt, cream and milk. Bircher is super filling and great for
those busy busy mornings, and great for a snack as well. Make it the night before so it has ample time to soak and become delicious. Luckily for me I just gave this a go and it worked out splendidly!

1. Grab yourself a container with a lid. I used an old natural yoghurt tub that had been laying dormant at the back of the cupboard.

2. To the container add as much muesli as you feel. I like fruit and nut muesli, but use what you like, or alternately use rolled oats.

3. Add what ever dried fruits, nuts and seeds you like to the muesli. I added chopped dried apricots, cranberries, pepitas, sunflower seeds and some chopped walnuts.

4. Now fill your container to about 1-2cm below the top of the muesli with apple juice.

5. Pop the lid on the container and bung it in the fridge to do with thing overnight.

6. Rise and shine! Put some muesli in a bowl. Top with some fresh fruit, Bircher is traditionally served with grated apple, but you can be fancy. Add a dollop of soy yogurt and any other nuts or seeds if you like and Bob's your uncle!!!

Note: I'm not sure how long a batch will last in the fridge but I've been scoffing mine for the past 3 days- still seems good to me!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments so please leave some for me...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...